Summer Scholars Institute, May 29-July 24, 2015
The Summer Scholars Institute, an eight-week program held at the IU Bloomington
and IUPUI campuses, enrolls select HBCU and IU students from our partner institutions. These STEM Scholars engage in continuous, substantive research at the Summer Scholars Institute and their universities.
- Eighty-five percent of scholars' academic time during the institute is spent in research projects with HBCU and IU faculty.
- Other activities include:
- Colloquia with STEM Initiative faculty, professionals, and other academics
- Committee on Institutional Cooperation Summer Research Opportunities Program
- Technical writing training
- GRE preparation
- Social activities
- Summer Scholars live in IU dorms.
- Summer Scholars receive a $4,000 stipend, plus room and board.
2015 STEM Summer Scholars Institute application
The dates for the 2015 STEM Summer Scholars Institute are May 29th through July 24th.
To be considered for the 2015 Summer Scholars Institute, a completed application and supporting documents must be submitted to the Indiana University Graduate School by February 16, 2015. Early applicants will receive priority consideration.
Summer Scholars should plan to arrive before 5:00 pm on Friday, May 29, 2015, and can depart after the Closing Luncheon scheduled from 10:30 am-1:30 pm on July 24, 2015.
View application & supporting document information
Previous STEM Summer Scholars Institutes
Read about past STEM SSI highlights and participants.
For Information about the Summer Scholars Institute, contact:
Dr. Jack L. Schmit
Assistant Dean, University Graduate School
Coordinator, IU-HBCU STEM Initiative
Dr. Janice Blum
Director of the Graduate Office, IUPUI
Associate Dean, Indiana University Graduate School